Department of Agricultural and Biological
[How to say my name: SHOH-MAH-LEE CHA-ter-JEE]
- October 2019: New paper on finding the hotspots of SNPs and fast, using GPU accelerators; link: rdcu.be/bTrDl
- July 2019: 2 new papers in Nature Scientific Reports:
-- Athena: Automated Tuning of k-mer Based Genomic Error Correction Algorithms using Language Models: This is the first application of natural language processing (NLP) for error correction in genomics reads; Link: http://bit.ly/2qgdz5k
-- Scalable Genome Assembly through Parallel de Bruijn Graph Construction for Multiple k-mers: This paper speeds up genome assembly, benchmarked in the assembly of microbiomes (metagenomics CAMI benchmarks) and single-cell genomes, using multi-grained parallelization; Link: http://bit.ly/scalaDBG
- July 2019: Cells and Machines goes to ASABE AIM 2019 in Boston, presenting two papers on applications of data science and data engineering in digital Ag.
- July 2019: Our paper on online tuning of noSQL databases such as Cassandra and Redis presented at USENIX-ATC 2019 in Renton, WA. [ Link ]
- June 2019: IFIP Working Group talk on Database tuning for distributed clusters for precision medicine and digital agriculture applications. [ Link ]
- May 2019: Three vision papers (teasers) along the lines of the directions of research in my lab online in IEEExplore: machines, ML and healthcare, & distributed ledgers (blockchain).